Pastor. Professor. Paddler. Poet.
That’s Dave Ellingson.
He’s a former professor at Trinity Lutheran College and the author of several challenging books. He’s also a popular speaker at churches, colleges and other venues. Dave’s strong faith and passionate devotion to God’s creation have inspired admirers around the globe. His former students, together with followers of his Paddle Pilgrim journeys, began a scholarship fund to help students gain the education they’ll need to impact their world.
What is a Fjord Angel?
Recently, Dave felt inspired to visit Norway, the land of his ancestors. Along with a devoted crew of kayakers, he spent days paddling through the fjords, soaking in the majestic beauty of Norway’s mountains, streams and waterfalls. Their journey was awe-inspiring and difficult. But as Dave discovered, there are often people of good will who come along to help at just the right time. “I started calling the people who helped us along the way our fjord angels,” he says.
By donating to the Dave Ellingson Scholarship fund, you will ensure that Dave's legacy of caring and responsible stewardship continues with the next generation of leaders. Best of all, when you give TODAY, Trinity Education Foundation will match your gift up to $50,000*.
Please, help provide tomorrow’s leaders with the resources they need to succeed. Donate today.
- Scholarships of $1,000 (or more) per student.
- Holden Village two-week internship, a retreat center located in the scenic Cascade Mountains emphasizing creation care and social justice stewardship.
- Quarterly mentoring sessions with Dave Ellingson centered around the spiritual and practical needs of the student.
- The number of scholarships offered vary from year to year.
- Scholarship funds are applied to tuition, school fees, textbooks, supplies, equipment, room and board, and/or other school related needs that may arise during the term of enrollment. Funds are paid directly to the college/university of choice.
- Students may receive only one Ellingson Scholarship per academic year.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity Education Foundation has committed to match up to $50,000 in fundraising to establish the initial $100,000 endowed fund. If this goal is not met by 12-31-19, the Dave Ellingson Scholarship will be transitioned to the Trinity Scholars Program.
This scholarship is for graduating high school students who:
- Have a passion for environmental and/or social justice issues, and plan to pursue majors in these areas.
- Will be attending an accredited Christian college or university in the Northwest (WA, OR, ID, MT).
- Have a high school GPA of at least 3.0.